3/4 Irish Marathon Course Information
The ¾ Marathon is a fantastic running experience which is now in it’s 9th year & 3rd year in Longwood, Co Meath.
- Our aim is to provide a route that is scenic, challenging and can be used for preparation for a full marathon event
- Our certified distance race route is 31.646km / 19.664 miles long
- It is an ideal Dublin or other autumn Marathon preparation event.
The use of this race distance and timing as an ideal Dublin marathon preparation event is clearly demonstrated by previous Elite participants like :
- Our 2011 winner and current race record holder Linda Byrne subsequently won Nat champs at DCM in 2h 36′ to qualify for 2012 Olympics
- Our 2015 event was won by 2014 DCM winner Eliud Too.
- Pauline Curley (2008 Bejing Olympian & former Irish & DCM Marathon winner) won the past 3 events en route to podium finishes at National Championships
- 6 time race winner Gary O Hanlon went on to be National marathon champion at DCM after winning our 2017 Irish 3/4 Marathon
Our race base provides great road access from all parts of the country.
We have chip timing, with splits for each quarter-marathon, to verify the achievement of your ¾ marathon personal best.
Where is the 2018 Irish 3/4 Marathon Based?
Our 2018 race is based in Longwood, Enfield, Co Meath
This is only ~30 mins from M50 and ~50 Mins from Athlone
Map of 2017 Course and Location of Race HQ as per below Map
What is the route for the 2018 Irish 3/4 Marathon?
Our Route for the 2017 Irish 3/4 Marathon is as shown above
We may have some minor changes to the route for 2018 but general route will be the same
Total climb over the 19.6mile/ 31.6km route is only 88m with no significant climbing sections – This is approximately 3/4 of the climb of DCM
The route twice crosses the Boyne & Blackwater rivers and the Royal Canal. It passes historical sites such as Castlerickard Church (Burial crypt of Jonathan Swift’s family) & Donore Castle. Thankfully the only minor elevation gain at the “Hill of Down” is the bridge over the canal and train line.
Our Irish 3/4 marathon course is 19.6 miles or 31.6 km long.
Past participants include many first time marathoners & indeed Irish Champions.
Current entries are well ahead of last year’s Sell Out levels
Enter now to join us in 2018 for this sell Out event – 2018 Race Entry HERE