3/4 Irish Marathon Course Information
The ¾ Marathon race is a fantastic running experience which is now in it’s 9th year & 3rd year in Longwood, Co Meath.
- Our aim is to provide a route that is scenic, challenging and can be used for preparation for a full marathon event
- Our certified distance race route is 31.646km / 19.664 miles long
- It is an ideal Dublin or other autumn Marathon preparation event.
The use of this race distance and timing as an ideal Dublin marathon preparation event is clearly demonstrated by previous Elite participants like :
- Our 2011 winner Linda Byrne (Winning DCM in 2h 36′ to qualify for 2012 Olympics)
- Our 2015 event was won by 2014 DCM winner Eliud Too. Pauline Curley (2015 Irish & DCM Marathon winner) has won the past few events and 6 time race winner Gary O Hanlon (National marathon medalist and 2017 Berlin Marathon 40+ winner!) are testament to the quality of race we provide for all levels
Our race base provides great road access from all parts of the country.
We have chip timing, with splits for each quarter-marathon, to verify the achievement of your ¾ marathon personal best.
Where is the 2018 3/4 Marathon Based?
Our 2018 race is based in Longwood, Enfield, Co Meath
This is only ~30 mins from M50 and ~50 Mins from Athlone
Map of Course and Location of Race HQ as per below Map
What is the route for the 2018 Irish 3/4 Marathon?
Our Route for the 2018 Irish 3/4 Marathon is as shown above
Total climb over the 19.6mile/ 31.6km route is only 88m with no significant climbing sections – This is 3/4 of the climb of DCM
The route twice crosses the Boyne & Blackwater rivers and the Royal Canal. It passes historical sites such as Castlerickard Church (Burial crypt of Jonathan Swift’s family) & Donore Castle. Thankfully the only elevation gain at the “Hill of Down” is the bridge over the canal and train line.
Our Irish 3/4 marathon course is 19.6 miles or 31.6 km long.
Past participants include many first time marathoners & indeed Irish Champions.
Come join us in 2018 for this sell Out event – 2018 Race Entry HERE